Honey (miel) is a sweet, golden liquid made by honeybees and commonly used in traditional medicine to treat inflammation, cough, and fever. Human use of honey is traced to some 8000 years ago as depicted by Stone Age paintings.
Happy Organics is a BIPOC and female owned wellness company that focuses on sustainable and treatment-free beekeeping.
- Happy Organics does not heat, process or filter the honey, so the beneficial enzymes are still present, maintaining its medicinal benefits.
- Following a non-interventionist approach, the honey is only harvested when it is beneficial to the hives. If there is excess honey, a honey frame or two is removed from the happy hives.
- Raw honey is a superfood, naturally containing floral essence, pollen, propolis, and wax.
Types of Honey
Sage Wildflower Honey is a mild honey believed to be good for digestion. The hives forage on multiple types of flowers: citrus trees, lavender, rosemary, borage, sunflower, and many other flowers.
Eucalyptus Honey A great medicinal honey variety! Eucalyptus is traditionally used around the world for respiratory health and pain relief. Eucalyptus flowers bloom in the winter and only when the temperature is right can honeybees fly forage on the delightful eucalyptus tree.
- Redbud Blossom Honey Located in the Sequoia National Forest in California, these bees forage on the redbud tree blossom to produce a sweet and complex honey.
- Sunflower Honey Bees love sunflowers. They are an abundant source of pollen and nectar for our pollinators. Sunflower honey is lightly floral and very sweet.
Note: Honey color can vary depending on the tree or shrub from which the honey is harvested.